- Triggers the liver to produce more ethanol-gobbling enzymes, including alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and acetaldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH).
- Boosted the efficiency of ADH and ALDH, enabling the enzymes to convert ethanol into simpler forms the body can eliminate easier.
- Reduced lipid (fat) accumulation in liver tissue. Heavy doses of alcohol can negatively affect the liver’s metabolism, leading to an accumulation of fat, increased stress and the eventual progression to liver diseases such as cirrhosis.
- Reduced inflammatory agents, called cytokines. Excessive alcohol leads to the release of cytokines in the liver, which contributes to cellular damage to the liver and other organs.
- Soothes headaches
- Increases coordination and lessens slurred speech while intoxicated
For people who drink often, Vitamin B1 is the most common vitamin deficiency from chronic alcohol abuse and binge drinkers. Vitamin B1 allows the body to use carbohydrates as energy and a deficiency in this vitamin can lead to fatigue and irritability. A severe deficiency can even affect the nerves, muscles, heart, and brain.
Vitamin B2 is especially important for proper body function because it helps break down fats, carbohydrates and proteins into energy. Therefore it's claimed to potentially help prevent the development of hangover symptoms like a headache.
This vitamin has been shown in studies to reduce the severity of alcohol hangover symptoms. When you consume alcohol, this vitamin is pushed out of the liver, which is required on a daily basis to effectively make amino acids, carbohydrates, and fat. Without it, the body compromises its functioning, including liver function.
Vitamin B12 helps to detoxify the body by converting the acetaldehyde into harmless carbon dioxide and water. This process helps to reduce the severity of hangover symptoms and makes you feel more refreshed and energetic.
Supplying your organs with zinc helps minimize hangover symptoms through breaking down the ethanol and removing the toxic substances from your biological system. Just as importantly, this mineral keeps your immune system strong, enables your damaged tissues to heal, and supports your cell functions.
Studies support that piperine can help enhance nutrient absorption, stabilize blood sugar levels, combat cancer cell growth, decrease inflammation, and boost brain function.